Ghostly Stories

Home Photo Album I Photo Album II Miner Miracle
EVP Roadtrip W V Prison Investigations

The Lotion Bottle

By Al Brindza

It was the night of Weds. Jan.18, 2006 shortly after 11pm. My wife Jo and I were in bed watching the news. I was half asleep when suddenly a noise from across the room startled me awake. The sound came from my wife's dresser. Approximately 22" from the right of the TV, a bottle of hand lotion was rocking back and forth. I stared for a few seconds then looked at Jo who was also staring at the bottle with a shocked look on her face. I turned and continued watching this event for what seemed to last a ½ minute or so. Our first impression was perhaps one of our two cats may have tiptoed across the dresser for whatever reason bumping the bottle, but this was not the case. One cat was down in our basement and the other laid on the hope chest next to our bed and looked just as startled as we were. No other objects on the dresser moved so this would rule out any source of vibration. Both of us tried at different times to recreate the movement of the bottle, we could get to rock in a similar motion but we could not duplicate the amount of time it rocked by itself that night nor could we recreate the sound it made while in motion.

Oh, I might add something that happened several months earlier at the same location Jo had a necklace with a cross on it. After work one day she took it off and laid it length wise along side of another similar necklace on her dresser. Each had a cross and both were on thin chains 16" long. The next morning as she was getting ready for work she went to put one on and both chains were actually tangled in knots. She tried to untangle them and after a bit asked me to try since she was running late and in a hurry to leave. It was 20 minutes before I finally managed to get them untangled. By then it was too late Jo was already heading up the driveway, just then I heard a woman crying. I was alone in the house and this of course startled me. My first reaction was perhaps the TV was on or maybe a radio upstairs. I checked, both were off, the sobbing continued for what seemed like several minutes to me. I could not tell where the sobbing was coming from. If I went upstairs it sounded like it was downstairs and vise a versa it didn't matter which room I was in the sound still could be heard. Then it suddenly stopped as quickly as it had begun. I could not understand how the two necklaces could have been tangled so badly they were literally tied in knots. Yet another mystery! Why were the necklaces tangled in that fashion? Who was the woman sobbing and why? As I stated earlier I was home alone when I heard the woman sobbing, but Jo and I both witnessed the movement of the lotion bottle on the dresser.

Seton Hill

The Cross

By Al Brindza

A friend of ours who is the archivist for Seton Hill College located in Greensburg, Pa. invited my wife Jo and I for a tour of the college campus. This was our first time there and Bill was interested in what we could find since there were rumors of paranormal activity. One rumor was that St. Joseph's Chapel was supposedly haunted by one of its former priest's. We were up on the 2nd floor behind the main altar that was once the living quarters for this priest. Now the rooms are used for storage, they contain a number of old artifacts some that date back to the 16th century. As we walked around I notice a very old crucifix lying on the floor this disturbed me for I felt it was wrong for it to be there. Suddenly I felt the presence's of a spirit that was asking me to pick it up and place it on a near by table. I wanted to but was afraid I would break it since it looked so fragile. I mentioned what was happening to Bill and he carefully picked it up and placed it on the table. After he did this I felt much better and could feel this spirit's appreciation. As we were leaving and going down the stairway I notice a piece of paper stuck on my shoe, puzzled for a few seconds I said your not going to believe this! On the paper were the words, "You're a real Angel for helping out, Thanks!" All of us just stared in disbelief for the steps and hallway in the chapel were spotless, very well maintained and clean. Bill had no idea where that piece of paper could have come from.

The Antler

By Al Brindza

As paranormal investigators we often hear of unusual events occurring as people remodel their homes. This is a story of such an event that happened in our home just recently Monday Jan. 17th 2005.

After living here a number of years it was time for a new floor in our kitchen, which we put off doing for one reason or another for several years. My wife Jo and I finally decide the way to go was to install ceramic tile, hoping this would be the last time we would need to cover this floor. So, after settling on the type of tile we wanted it was only a matter of ripping up the old floor and getting started with this project.

It took several weeks to finish, this included installing new wood trim work. I was home alone the one day finishing the final touches and holding a corner strip up on the entrance way wall, when out of the corner of my eye there was a sudden blur and a shattering sound behind me. As I turned I saw a deer antler still in motion spinning part way into the kitchen on the new tile floor several feet beyond that was another broken piece. Stunned I just stared for a few seconds then went to investigate where this had came from. In the room across from the kitchen I have a collection of neat outdoor treasures I collected over the years. These include deer antlers among other things; this particular antler was either on the shelf directly behind the wall or on the shelf above the window.

Either way if it had to fall by the laws of gravity it should have fallen straight down onto the carpet in that room and not travel the 15/16 feet into the kitchen with such force that it shattered on the floor. As any experienced hunter knows deer antlers are not the easiest material to break. Another thing I noticed was that nothing else on the shelves were disturbed, it seemed odd that for whatever reason this antler decided to move it didn't knock anything else over!

A mystery? Yes! For the time being we cannot explain how this happened, our only guess is that someone from the other side wanted my attention or didn't like the new changes.

Our House

By Al Brindza

From time to time I plan on writing an article concerning some unexplained events that have happened in our home or about one of my other personal experiences. This article is about a few events that happened in our home when we first purchased it back in 1986.

At one time this property was a working farm in its earlier days, located in Indiana County Pa. My wife and I immediately fell in love with the place for it's the type of house we always dreamt of owning. It is a big 2-story home with plenty of room to raise a family, with lots of ground and several ponds and a stream on the property. We only lived there several weeks when one night we heard this terrific crash downstairs from something falling. My first reaction was that someone was trying to break in. Upon investigating the cause of the noise we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, until Jo pointed to the fireplace in the living room. There was my muzzleloader rifle lying on the mantel, it had fallen approximately 2ft. from its resting place on the board.

We just stared in disbelief! How could this have happened? I know for a fact that this rifle was secure in its resting place upon the board. I designed the mounts myself and for it to come off of there the rifle needs to be lifted straight up approximately an inch and pulled forward towards you. The average person needs to stand on their toes to even attempt to remove it from the wall. The only people tall enough to do this were my wife and myself and we were both upstairs asleep. My sons were in their own rooms upstairs asleep at the time and were too small to reach this even if they would use a chair or something to stand on. Also, this muzzleloader weighs approximately 9 lbs., it didn't make sense, how could it have fallen? Nothing else on the walls or in the room had moved, if we had some sort of earthquake or something of that nature then other things would have been disturbed. I was very puzzled and upset that this had happened and wanted to know why? Another thing that was odd and to my relief was that from the height the rifle had fallen, and as loud as the noise was there wasn't a mark or scratch on either the rifle or mantel!

Another incident involving this area in the living room, was the one day my father-in-law was sitting in his wheelchair near the fireplace when I actually saw from across the room one of those glass candle holders we have on either side above the mantel fall straight out several ft. then fall and hit our coffee table without breaking. He didn't see it but he felt it going past him. Jo was sitting at the dinning room table she heard it fall, but didn't see it happen. Again no reason for this to happen and nothing else was disturbed. It's been 16 years now since we lived here and the list of unexplained things that have happened gets longer as the months go by. Nothing evil or anything of that nature, just harmless pranks to let us know that we are not alone!

One More Time

By Jon McClintock

I never dreamed that my favorite picture of Russ, his dog Ebony and his garden - the true loves of his life captured in July 2001 - would be on display at his funeral less than 11 months later.

I met Russ, who came to be one of my best friends (and a mentor on how to live in rural Pennsylvania), in late winter, 1977. A snowdrift across the road near our Indiana County farm had the car "baggle-sagged" (as he put it), requiring a good tug from someone with a four-wheel drive pickup. It was the first of countless times our farm neighbor would help me out at a tough moment. I wrote a weekly newspaper column at the time ("Getting Away") based on the adventures of a Philly-area kid acclimating to Exurbia and Russ was a regular character in my stories.

Russ, sometimes primed by our homemade Elderberry wine, provided my best material. He and wife Martha were so generous in every way that it was a rare night at our cabin when Russ wasn't stopping by "for a little bit." That was a continuing joke. His "little bits" could extend to six hours if a NASCAR race was on, or he fell asleep from the 20-hour days he worked, even in retirement.

Cancer and an aneurysm took Russ from us very quickly. Hospice got him home in time to pat Ebony and take a final glance at the garden. He was gone two hours later.

Russ had been intrigued in the paranormal and we even visited his family's cemetery because he was certain his mean-spirited grandfather would be a'helling. As it was daylight and our first and only effort, nothing came of it. But the trip last fall gave Russ a chance to connect with his family, and gave me some insight into his humble beginnings.

As I walked to Russ's casket, I stared at my old friend, touched his hand, and said: "keep in touch."

Fast forward to early September: Russ remembered.

I'm walking around the pond and the smell of freshly-cut grass puts me in mind of my old buddy. I talked to him nearly an hour, tying some loose knots between us, then turned inside with our pugs.

I was suddenly as dizzy as I've ever been; sit or fall-down dizzy. Worried, I stumbled to a couch in the living room. After a few minutes I was less dizzy and had a mild headache. And then I saw the chair Russ used, barely 6-feet away. I reached for my camera and told Russ 'Okay, I'd expect you to be in that chair in front of me, so give it all you got on three....1....2...3 ,

As I looked in the viewfinder, I KNEW that Russ would show. A quick look still knocked my socks off. Where his head would been was a wonderful orb, and I knew I wasn't alone. I shot more photos to insure the first one's validity. I would later try dozens more under less dramatic circumstances - and not a single orb of any size was apparent.

I wasn't disappointed. I know my buddy came back one more time….probably will again…often, if he's anything like he was. I hope so. I still have trouble with the water well and other projects I undertook only because Russ was there showing me. I was given a wonderful gift, in his life…and now, afterwards.


Nothing Is Coincidence!
Marty McClintock

We have been hearing that nothing is a coincidence, been told to watch things as they happen and connect the dots. As I was describing a possible new and eccentric site to Kelly Weaver and giving her the background of the source, I began to notice that the circumstances leading up to the story told about this possible site, and the women connected to them, were indeed a series of "coincidences".

It really began way back in November, during an election night party. MJ was in attendance and when we began talking ghosts, she said "Oh, I've got some at my house, you'll have to come!" As it turned out, she had worked in media and knew Jon, but hadn't seen him for 10-15 years, and was there as a supporter of the candidate. The ghost hunt idea got put off because she insisted that people she knew and trusted be there and our schedules just never meshed. We never went.

This June MJ began a business and came to our agency for advertising help. Just one week before she called us Jon had run into a "blast from the past". They said hello and that was that. As it turned out, she was a best friend of MJs and came to the business meetings with her. This time when MJ said "come to my house and find my ghosts", we did. Because it was a beautiful evening, I suggested that we start at the old cemetery near her house because she had been describing all the interesting monuments and stones. As we walked into the oldest section, MJ literally tripped over the stone of the man that built her house…she had looked for it previously many times, with no luck!

Last week MJ went to a family reunion for the first time in another part of the state. She went to a bookstore to browse and the conversation in some way turned to the man who built her house and the fact that she was looking for information about him. The owner knew his name- AND is related to him.

This last part has nothing to do with her "ghost", or does it? Just before leaving for the reunion MJ got a new cell phone, The cigarette-lighter charger she had didn't seem to work with new phone on the trip, and her teenage daughter decided to make it work- burning out a fuse in the car and various other things. When she took the car to the repair shop Monday morning to get the damage repaired, the mechanic got in and drove about 25 feet. Suddenly the whole wheel assembly on the one tire snapped off at the axle! Had her daughter not burned up the dash gizmos causing her to go to the repair shop, she would have surely wrecked the car!


P.S. There is "something" in her house


Look for our upcoming story of the investigaton at MJ's house on our Investigation page.


Mika is a young purebred Finnish Pugdog (some think pugs look like small bulldogs) owned by Jon and Marty McClintock. He's fawn and black and has two brothers Keedoo and Bubba who have yet to show an interest in the paranormal.

Mika has always been the "sentry" of the three, but only revealed his newest talent recently when paranormal researchers Al and Joann Brindza visited the McClintock's in rural Indiana County, Pennsylvania.

Al has proven to be something of a "ghost magnet" during investigations and can direct a person where to point a camera and find an orb or other artifact. While most of us need to use EMF meters and thermal scanners to help us find an entity, Al can sense when there may be something paranormal in the area.

During a late summer 2001 visit, the tables turned. With no warning or apparent provocation, Mika became very agitated and barked in Jo's direction. Then he practically lunged at her, climbing up her side and pulling at one ear. The outburst was so out of character that Jon reached for his digital camera to capture the moment.

The end result (that couldn't be duplicated a moment later) is this photo showing two orbs hovering above Jo - and two areas of haze that could be ecto, both near the ceiling and orbs. One, to the right, appears to be a "streamer" that comes from the direction of a spot where an old family tragedy occurred. Ever since, Jo and Mika have shared new psychic bragging rights!


This story was told to me by my grandmother Anna. Many years ago a friend of my grandmother had recently died. According to Anna the woman was a very selfish person. Her husband gave Anna his wifes clothes and told her to do whatever she wanted with them. Anna decided to cut the older clothes into rags for carpets. She was sitting in her kitchen and was cutting the clothes when she felt a weight on her lap. She called out to her daughters who were at the sink doing dishes. They turned and saw a white form sitting on their mothers lap. They were frightend and told their mother what they saw. She told the girls to quickley take the clothes outside to their father to burn. As soon as they threw the clothes into the fire Anna felt the weight lifted from her lap. Later when she would tell the story of that day, she felt that since the woman was selfish she didn't want Anna to have her clothes and by throwing them into the fire the woman was satisfied and left.

By Joann Brindza

©2001 All Rights Reserved

Home Photo Album I Photo Album II Miner Miracle
EVP Roadtrip W V Prison Investigations
Please enjoy our exhibits, but respect that all are Copyright by the photographer and/or the Allegheny Mountain Ghosthunters. All Rights Reserved. Absolutely no reproduction is permitted without express written permission. Please feel free to email us!
Click here to contact us